Sunday, November 11, 2012

Rock and Roll

Today, my dad and I ran the Rock and Roll Half Marathon in San Antonio. This marks my third time in this race. Last year, I lost my mind a little and did the full marathon, so this year I came to my senses and only did the half. Best decision ever! It was 75 degrees outside at 5:30 am! Can you imagine running 26.2 miles in over 80 degree heat! Well I can. And that's why I opted out this year.

But- back  to the half. I never really found my rhythm, but I did PR at a 2:02:54 so I am pretty happy about that. Think of how fast I could be if I actually had myself a good run. My goal was under 2 hours, so I have to wait on purchasing some new Lululemon gear until I hit my goal time. (Can we say "motivation"?) My next opportunity is December 2nd over the Fred Hartman Bridge in Houston (ayiyi). 

Anyways, we had a great time in San Antonio and I look forward to running it again next year!



No comments:

Post a Comment