Friday, November 9, 2012

Carb Load

Friday J and I drove (well I rode, J drove) to San Antonio to stay with my parents since my dad and I are running the Rock and Roll Half Marathon on Sunday.


Of course, we had to make to obligatory Buc-ee's stop in Luling to use the amazing restrooms and snag an ICEE for the road. Have you ever been to a Buc-ee's? It's a gas station on crack. And a beaver is their signature mascot. You can get some seriously awesome items there, whether its food or a T-shirt or a stained glass window (yep, I said it).

When we got to my parents home, we went straight to Olive Garden for some pre-race carb loading. (Sorry- no picture was taken. I was too busy eating breadsticks talking with my family.) I could eat at Olive Garden every day. Sign me up for soup, salad and breadsticks anytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment