Monday, January 14, 2013

26.2

So Sunday was the Chevron Houston Marathon! This was my second marathon, so now I can say that I have completed my first marathon in 85F weather and my second now in 45F windy, rainy weather....

I woke up at 5:30 am to pouring rain. So glad I tracked down a rain poncho the night before. It rained on us until about mile 8-9, which was definitely an experience. Overall, I liked the course and the run because I was familiar with the area and it was reallllly well organized. I highly recommend this run (they have a 5K, 13.1, and 26.2 options.)

My official time was 5:09. I felt really good up until about the 16 mile mark before I had to start putting in walking intervals and then somewhere along mile 23 I tweaked my knee which made the last 5K super fun. But I did it!

The gear.

J snapped this pic of me at mile 26. The finish was so close, yet so far.

Done!

Obligatory medal pic!

No comments:

Post a Comment